Cakes: April to Sept

And so back to the cake journey we go (Jen, only for you would I give up going to bed...because I know if I don't finish now it might be another year. :) Kyle chose Pooh Bear:
And James chose a fire engine: (this is where I used the red spray dye...works great to get the fire-engine red color.)

Fourth of July...still plenty of love to go around.

I love this picture! Do you think someone might try to steal all the attention???!!!


Okay, back to cakes.... Joe didn't request a cake, but I couldn't resist making one extra special for his 40th Bday!!



And now we have come full circle finishing in September of 2010. Breana is now 9. This cake was my first attempt at fondant. I must say it takes A LOT longer, but it was fun to try something new. I will probably do it again, but just not with so many different colors...it took forever to mix them all. If Carolyn hadn't been here, I never would have finished.




and, yes, even that bow was made out of fondant...miraculously, it never fell off the cake.

Well, there is one more, but it is still in my camera, downstairs, and it is 1am....so Jen, you will have to wait to see picture of the dinosaur cake. Perhaps I will do it tomorrow, perhaps I will do it in a year. :) Good night!

4 comments:

Jen said...

You are amazing! The cakes are awesome and the kids beautiful! That fondant bow was amazing! I love the winnie the pooh one too. Emily is so cute, Kyle looks like Andrew. I see Eric in him too, but I see a lot of Joe in him as well. Thanks for the update! Maybe I will actually update mine now. I just found the camera on Friday. . .it has been missing for 6 months!

Olivia Heilmann said...

Wow. You have an incredible talent there. I guess I am not too surprised, though. Talent OOZES out of you!!!

Angela said...

I love the cakes. So very creative. When it comes to birthdays at our house I always try to get my kids to chose brownies or cupcakes for their birthday just so I can avoid making a cake. You should teach classes, you are so good at it.

Amye Kay said...

Those are very impressive! Wish you lived a little closer to inspire and help me. My kids will continue to get cakes out of a square pan! Hope to see you soon.